As part of your fertility evaluation, we investigate to try find out various reasons of infertility. There will be a thorough question answer session during your first few rounds of consultation. This will help us best understand about your medical issues that may have led to infertility.
As part of work up, both male and female factors for infertility are evaluated.
Some of the female factors for infertility that we actively look out for , are:
- Problems with ovulation
- PCOD, PCOS (commonly called as Poly Cystic Ovary Disease, or Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Insufficient egg formation. An AMH test will be conducted to understand on ovarian reserve
- Fallopian tube blockage or tube damage
- Tuberculosis and infertility
- Growths inside the uterus such as fibroid or polyps
- Medical conditions such as diabetes, high insulin, thyroid, hormone disturbance, prolactin disturbance, epilepsy or any other long term chronic medications that may impair fertility
- Lifestyle factors are also important, such as stress, smoking, alcohol, imbalance in weight.
Some of the male infertility factors which can be seen in 30 % of couples, that we help identify at Delhi Gyne are:
- Low sperm quantity or quality- azoospermia, oligospermia, asthenospermia
- Blockages in duct that carry sperm
- Ejaculation problem: Retrograde ejaculation
- Endocrinology issues, disturbance in hormone such as testosterone, prolactin
- Diabetes and infertility etc.
In some cases an exact cause can not be identified in couples. Many such cases can be explained by a significant reduction in the number or quality of eggs, otherwise also called as decreased ovarian reserve, due to increasing age. Or simply, there could be other factors which can not be precisely tested in conventional labs, such as autoimmunity, damage to sperm DNA etc, which can lead to the frustating experience of unexplained infertility. Dr. Meenakshi believes that doing an IVF not just at appropriate time of your cycle, but also doing it at appropriate timing of the year after ensuring hormonal, metabolic and nutriational holistic balance, leads to better success rate in couples seeking her assistance.